DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
JOB TYPE: Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, organizes and directs the Human Resources programs and systems for Larsen Farms policies, procedures, and departmental objectives. Supervises departmental personnel for Human Resources and personnel functions including recruiting, selection, employment, orientation and training, safety, workers compensation program, health benefits, salary and compensation, coaching and counseling, evaluations, discipline, and terminations.
A. Education: Associate degree in business, management, or a related field preferred.
B. Personal Job-Related Skills: Leadership and management abilities and effective oral and written communication skills.
C. Communication Skills: Must be fluent in Spanish
1. Prior Work Experience: Minimum of three years of Human Resources experience.
2. Technical Training: HRIS systems experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
E. Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require intermittent walking, sitting, and standing. Some bending, stooping, and reaching is required with the lifting of items up to a weight of 40 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staffs the farm with required personnel.
- Meets with department managers to determine staffing needs.
- Conducts recruiting programs and screening, interview and selection processes.
- Processes new employees into the work force.
- Develops and maintains personnel policies.
- Recommends policies to be approved by leadership team and establishes procedures to support approved policies.
- Reviews personnel practices to assure they comply with established policies.
- Revises existing policies or recommends new policies when necessary.
- Serves as the custodian of the official personnel records of employees.
- Determines employment categories of employees and manages the compensation plan and pay policies.
- Provides systems for evaluating employee’s performance of their job duties.
- Establishes employee development programs including in-service and continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains programs to further employee relations. Administers the established Corrective Action (disciplinary system).
- Administers the employee benefits programs including the financial payments for programs as directed.
- Provides and monitors the procedures for an employee’s termination of employment.
- Organizes and monitors the Annual Open Enrollment.
- Administers COBRA benefits to exiting employees as necessary.
- Serves as the human resources advisor to supervisors, department managers, and leadership team.
- Updates the leadership team, and supervisors advised of new laws and changes in personnel policies and practice.
- Counsels with supervisors at all levels concerning personnel problems or employee relations matters.
- Provides interpretation of personnel policies and supportive procedures and practices.
- Serves as member of the Senior Management team.
- Answers inquiries, screens applicants and arranges interviews.
- Handles inquiries concerning present and past employment.
- Answers inquiries concerning employment opportunities.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Arranges interviews with department heads and checks references when requested by the leadership team.
- Assists all new hires with the completion of new hire paperwork and pre-employment requirements.
- Informs new employees of insurance and other benefits.
- Processes necessary forms for the data system, insurance company, and payroll deductions.
- Conducts New Employee Orientation, as necessary.
- Supervises general office duties for the human resources function.
- Develops job descriptions and job postings as needed for employment advertising.
- Prepares reports and surveys for the Human Resources Department and the leadership team.
- Supervises the maintenance of an accurate up-to-date filing system for personnel records, insurance files, and inactive files.
- Supervises tracking of required licensures and certifications and required personnel in-services.
- Processes workers compensation claims.
- Completes annual OSHA reports.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT REQUIREMENTS:
A. Maintains confidentiality while working with confidential matters on a daily basis.
B. Works with leadership teams and department heads, and outside agencies to assist with staffing needs.
C. Serves as an employee advocate.
D. Maintains consistency in personnel actions and assures equal employment treatment for all applicants and employees.
E. Verifies payroll data and benefit deductions.
F. Works with Employee Health to Administer the employee job-related injury and illness program.
G. Follows safety and infection control guidelines, food safety guidelines and OSHA.
Please email your Resume here or to HR@larsenfarms.com