Water Distribution Manager
Larsen Farms is currently looking for a qualified individual to manage our water distribution throughout a 45,000 acre irrigated farm. We have a large, privately owned farm with over 400 employees and can’t wait to add one more. Basic job duties would include communicating with other departments about daily water needs, monitoring water usage and operation, and making sure we stay compliant with state/ federal water regulations.
Applicant will need to be comfortable using a computer and basic Microsoft programs, have good communications skills, and have previous experience with underground water distribution. Must be fluent in English but bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Daily work would consist of:
• Communicating with other departments about daily water needs
• Collecting information and preparing daily/weekly/monthly reports
• Monitor water usage and operations to ensure water application and wells are in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and permits
• Plan and coordinate the activities of the water distribution while effectively motivating employees and meeting the goals of the department
• Evaluate the performance of Pivot Trac and operating systems to make recommendations for improvements
• Attend all water district meetings and stay up-to-date on all state/county water regulations to insure we are compliant
• Review and analyze pooling unit allocation with consulting firm for any possible changes to pooling units to optimize irrigation water resources
This is a full time, year round position located in Dalhart, TX so applicant must be from the area or willing to relocate.
Offering a competitive wage it but will depend on experience, skill level, and character. Possibly a salaried position including full a benefit package.
If you are interested in the position or have any questions, please contact Stephanie at 806-377-6208